Cristina Togan and Eleonora Udroiu start the new year as Leroy şi Asociaţii Partners.
The firm debuted 2017 with the promotion of two new partners: Cristina Togan and Eleonora Udroiu – highly appreciated lawyers with extensive experience.
Cristina Togan has been part of the team for over 10 years and specializes in banking & finance and real estate. Member of the Bucharest Bar Association since 2007, Cristina has advised international financial institutions and credit institutions on various types of structured finance transactions, including acquisition, real estate and project finance, as well as on corporate banking matters and derivatives. In 2016, Cristina has contributed significantly to the issuing of the first Romanian netting opinion at the request of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) for the benefit of ISDA members worldwide. Her experience also includes assisting local and international investors in real estate transactions and public tender procedures.
Eleonora Udroiu joined the team in 2003, specializing in commercial, energy and competition law. She has been a member of the Bucharest Bar Association since 2004. Eleonora has advised major players in the energy sector, both in the context of the privatization of natural gas or electricity companies and on specific regulatory issues. Eleonora’s expertise in the energy practice has developed in parallel with her work in the area of competition law. Her expertise in competition law includes advising on important merger and antitrust cases of national or European dimension.
„We are very proud of Cristina and Eleonora, our new partners, key lawyers of Leroy şi Asociaţii, who have shown over the years trust, professionalism and leadership, while assisting our clients in many successful operations. This promotion comes as a result of the positive evolution of Leroy şi Asociaţii and reflects our confidence in the Romanian market” said Bruno Leroy, Founding Partner of Leroy şi Asociaţii.
WORK HIGH LIGHTS
Recent projects that Cristina and Eleonora have been involved in are:
- Advising ISDA in relation to supporting the local derivatives market and netting legislation, in the context of launching various draft legislation, including the Romanian Insolvency
- Advising a major international player in the dairy industry on the notification to the Romanian Competition Council of the concentration resulting from the acquisition of one of the most important Romanian manufacturers of dairy
- Advising a prominent organization specialized in resources optimization, operations restructuring and production enhancement techniques in relation to the factoring facility granted by one of the largest Romanian banks and reviewing the credit and security documentation.
- Assisted a Romanian real estate developer in connection with complex legal matters related to the regulatory framework regarding the distribution and supply of electricity.
- Advising one of the Romanian subsidiaries of a major Eastern European energy group in relation to the notification to the Romanian competition authority of the partial takeover of the natural gas supply activity carried out by another local
ABOUT LEROY ŞI ASOCIAŢII
With over 18 years of experience in the Romanian market, Leroy şi Asociaţii is one of the country’s leading independent law firms. Originally set up as the local office of Gide, the team at Leroy şi Asociaţii has gained national and international recognition due to its contribution on some of the most significant investments and transactions in Romania.
The firm has a team of 20 lawyers with first rate legal skills and market knowledge.
The firm provides its multinational, SME, international institution, and local corporate clients with a full range of legal services to meet their specific needs and to facilitate smooth interaction with the Romanian business environment.
Over the past year, Leroy şi Asociaţii has been involved in major M&A and capital market transactions, such as advising Lactalis on the acquisition of Albalact (the first significant voluntary takeover bid on the Bucharest Stock Exchange), Expert Petroleum on the acquisition of Petrofac, and Alten on the acquisition of Kepler. The Banking & Finance team of Leroy si Asociaţii has continued advising on structured finance transactions, such as providing assistance to BNPP on banking and finance services offered to its corporate clients and has issued the first Romanian netting opinion commissioned by the International Swaps and Derivatives Association.
If you are interested in receiving further information on this topic, please do not hesitate to contact us. You can also find this update in the News section of our website: www.leroylaw.ro